After a four day gruelling tour, with four seasons in every day, the Tour de Yorkshire is over for another year. The weather showed the determination of both riders and supporters who attended. Chris Lawless (Team Ineos) took the overall tour win.
Our partnership team Vitus Pro Cycling Team, powered by Brother UK had a successful tour, here are the highlights:
- The first pro cycling team to compete in 100 per cent recycled kit, made by Presca. Around 80 1 litre plastic bottles used in the team’s sustainable skinsuits overall.
- Fastest Yorkshireman wears sustainable kit – Scott Thwaites came 8th overall in the tour.
- Chris McGlinchey ranked 3rd as KOM (King of the Mountain) in stage 2.
The Cycle Expo Yorkshire team took part in Sundays Sportive, here are the highlights:
- Presca Teamwear supplied the team with custom designed sustainable Jerseys, made from around 119 1 litre plastic bottles.
- Steve Bate MBE & Guy Kesteven rode tandem as part of the Cycle Expo team.
This all gears up towards the Cycle Expo Show 21st – 22nd September which we will be exhibiting at.